Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My turn - Furnace replacement
I know, but It's cheap and if it helps the original capacitor stay working longer, it's worth it.
I get a mailing for 50% off furnace inspections by the company that installed my furnace. Every Spring when they slow down to keep the techs busy.
Guy was here last week, checked the humidifier, jets, exchanger, electronics, air flow, input/output.
And with yearly inspections, they doubled my warranty to either 10 or 14 years. Don't recall.
For $65. Was here 1.5 hours.
(04-07-2018, 12:17 PM)Goober Wrote: Same size as the old, so nothing changed in that way. It's been a few years now, but it's been solid so far.

Did you sign up for any maintenance programs? I'm a believer in getting regular maintenance done. That being said, when they suggest things like hard start kits and surge protection devices, I look at what they offer, buy the item for about a quarter of what they charge for the devices and installation and do it myself.

No I didn't sign up for anything. It comes with 1 year maintenance. 

I'm sure I can sign up for something later at any time. PM's are important but changing filters which is something that is simple, is probably the most important.
To be the best requires the most.
Updates on the pooches?
(04-07-2018, 01:30 PM)Amd Phreak Wrote:
(04-07-2018, 12:17 PM)Goober Wrote: Same size as the old, so nothing changed in that way. It's been a few years now, but it's been solid so far.

Did you sign up for any maintenance programs? I'm a believer in getting regular maintenance done. That being said, when they suggest things like hard start kits and surge protection devices, I look at what they offer, buy the item for about a quarter of what they charge for the devices and installation and do it myself.

No I didn't sign up for anything. It comes with 1 year maintenance. 

I'm sure I can sign up for something later at any time. PM's are important but changing filters which is something that is simple, is probably the most important.

Yeah, they'll contact you for sure. But I agree, the filters are easy, (usually) cheap and fast to change.
This signature space available for rent.
(04-07-2018, 12:29 PM)Goober Wrote: I know, but It's cheap and if it helps the original capacitor stay working longer, it's worth it.

Here's the funny thing. I get those capacitors for $7 at my wholesaler. Yes, I know youreypaying markup and labor. But reality is the OEM capacitor should last a long time without extra help. We don't install hard start kits unless there's a reason for it.
Yeah, I know they're cheap and not necessary early on. But it was easy to get the straps, screws and relay in a single package. $35 incl. shipping was cheap enough for me. Certainly better than $150 installed for the same unit.