Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xbox 360 to Xbox One
I don't know if he'll consider one or the other a better gift. Big Grin
This is kinda funny, as my son is getting bed sheets for Christmas. In about three weeks, he'll be moving into a college dorm for the first time. He doesn't yet realize all of the things he will wish he had, until he finds himself away from home, where these things are just there.

Having done my time as a dormitory inmate, I've been assembling quite the survival kit. Three huge boxes include:

-- Mattress pad with a nice soft topper, as dorm mattresses generally suck, two sets of sheets, new pillow;
-- Towels. A huge bath sheet, two bath towels, two hand towels, face cloths. Shower shoes;
-- A laundry basket, laundry detergent, and dryer sheets;
-- Kitchen stuff when you don't have a kitchen. Plates/bowls/flatware. A cutting board and a general purpose kitchen knife. Kitchen towels. Plastic dish pan and dish soap;
-- Brita water pitcher, two boxes of GMCR Keurig coffee pods.

We already have a dorm 'fridge that he will be taking with him.

I'm not sure what his reaction will be on Christmas morning, but I'm pretty confident that by Jan 25 (two weeks after he moves in to the dorm) he will come to the realization that this is one of the better presents he's ever received.
Well played, both of you dad's. Big Grin
I don't need anger management, I need stupid people to stop pissing me off.
(12-22-2017, 08:32 AM)Harddrive Wrote: Better than bathroom cleaning supplies I suppose.

Those are already wrapped for the wife.
Skill appears as luck to the ignorant.
(12-22-2017, 11:34 AM)dingo Wrote:
(12-22-2017, 08:32 AM)Harddrive Wrote: Better than bathroom cleaning supplies I suppose.

Those are already wrapped for the wife.

Been nice knowing you, Dingo.

Actually, I did buy bathroom cleaning supplies, now wrapped, and to put under the tree.  We have a cat toilet brush holder, which early this year, my wife knocked over and broke the head off.  Think it now freaks out our cat when she walks into the bathroom ("you're next, little one...").  So I bought a new one at Bed Bath and Beyond, while I was buying the son towels.

But I'm not foolish enough to put my wife's name on the gift.  Plan to live until New Year, thank you very much.

Quote:To: Family

[Image: 97cef592b2b183ea03ab6da7632f2099.jpg]
dingo, dibs on guns.